During this short interview available to either watch or listen to, Platinum Group’s Bob Stewart discusses six essentials for a business to both thrive and survive long-term. *
- Have a good corporate governance structure in place including a board of directors that meets regularly;
- Keep up-to-date, accurate and thorough financials;
- Maintain a healthy relationship with your bank;
- Effectively communicate frequently;
- Make well-informed decisions decisively;
- Have a transition plan in place, whether it be to sell the business, pass it on to family members or create an employee stock ownership plan.
Bob’s interview is one in a series done with Platinum Group members in recent months.
Catch up on All Platinum Group interviews, which can be found on YouTube and also on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Recent episodes include:
- Founder and Chairman Dean Bachelor (perspective and strategy) podcast or video
- Robert Lehmann (real estate law, early stage financing) or video or podcast
- Randy Kroll (leadership and accounting) podcast or video
- Bob Stewart, (how to be decisive despite uncertainty) podcast or video
- Pat Brennan (how to prepare for an economic tsunami) podcast or video
- Bill English (take a look at your benefits structure) podcast or video
- Steve Coleman (try new things, maybe even a new partner) podcast or video
- Greg Coward (be decisive & nimble, focusing on people first) podcast or video
- Tom Hubler (family businesses during Covid-19) podcast or video
* This content was paid for by Platinum Group.