- Have a good corporate governance structure in place including a board of directors that meets regularly;
- Keep up-to-date, accurate and thorough financials;
- Maintain a healthy relationship with your bank;
- Effectively communicate frequently;
- Make well-informed decisions decisively;
- Have a transition plan in place, whether it be to sell the business, pass it on to family members or create an employee stock ownership plan.
Bob’s interview is one in a series done with Platinum Group members in recent months.
- Founder and Chairman Dean Bachelor (perspective and strategy) podcast or video
- Robert Lehmann (real estate law, early stage financing) or video or podcast
- Randy Kroll (leadership and accounting) podcast or video
- Bob Stewart, (how to be decisive despite uncertainty) podcast or video
- Pat Brennan (how to prepare for an economic tsunami) podcast or video
- Bill English (take a look at your benefits structure) podcast or video
- Steve Coleman (try new things, maybe even a new partner) podcast or video
- Greg Coward (be decisive & nimble, focusing on people first) podcast or video
- Tom Hubler (family businesses during Covid-19) podcast or video
* This content was paid for by Platinum Group.