In this brief interview, CEO Chad Nesbit, who leads a business insurance firm with 18 locations in three states, shares how he deals with this situation, plus…
- How to replace essential face-to-face-meetings with something else that works; and
- What’s working well for some of his clients, what isn’t and why.
“Being from a small town, you understand that we’re not going to be always of the same opinion but we can both be positive. You can come at it from the left, I can come at it from the right, and we can still meet in the middle being positive about it,” Nesbit says. “It’s okay to disagree with somebody else’s opinion. It’s nothing but an opinion. But if you start pushing this negative you know and putting people down for their opinion instead of just saying, okay respect it, let’s build this thing, it’s not good.”
How to stay authentic as a leader during such times?
“I’ve got plenty of people that disagree politically or with whatever I’ve go going on. We don’t get into that. That’s not why I’m here. [With employees] I’m here to talk to you about who you are and what you’re doing and is everything going okay and let’s try and stay on that path and remember that we’re trying to be good to our clients. And if we’ve got a client who has their moment and wants to give their opinion, just say it’s your opinion, I don’t necessarily agree with it but I’m not going to shoot you down. I’m not going to do a 180 and agree with you, but I’m also not going to poke the bear.”
About One Take CEO Interviews: CEOs openly share how they’re leading during 2020’s pandemic, recession and other challenges during these independent, candid and unedited discussions with Dale Kurschner, a seasoned business leader and award-winning writer who today helps businesses with internal communications, PR & media relations; strategic planning; reputation management and crisis management.
- Faribault Woolen Mill Chairman and CEO Paul Grangaard watch or listen
- Self Esteem Brands Co-Founder and CEO Chuck Runyon watch or listen
- Maud Borup owner and CEO Christine Lantinen watch or listen
- Restaurant Technologies CEO Jeff Kiesel watch or listen
- Summit Brewing Founder and President Mark Stutrud watch or listen
- Mainstreet Bakery COO Stacy Demskie watch or listen
- Allina Health President and CEO Penny Wheeler watch or listen
- Manny Villafana, Medtech Serial Entrepreneur and founder/CEO of Medical 21; watch or listen
- Indigo Signworks CEO Eric Gibson or watch or listen
- Reviva Corp. Chairman and CEO Dave Goodwin watch or listen
- Pivotal Advisors CEO Gary Braun, watch or listen
For more information, contact Info@MNperspectives.com