These issues and more are explored in this week’s One Take CEO Interview with Jim Snoxell, CEO and chair of the business law and nonprofits department at the law firm Henningson & Snoxell.
“It took me a while to realize this but there’s no question the ongoing Covid-19 [pandemic] and all the social unrest and political discomfort going on right now is contributing to stress, a kind I wasn’t aware of it in myself until I noticed that I was uttering an occasional unhappy remark about some computer frustrations that I would not have done before,” Snoxell says.
“Covid-19 is bad enough. Then throw in all the other stuff, plus the always ongoing realities of being in business,” he says. “It just keeps coming at us and the reality that we don’t have an end point in mind… in the workplace, people are stressed. [As leaders we first] “have to be aware of it in ourselves, and we have to take that into consideration when dealing with our people and our clients because they, too, are feeling some of this.”
Snoxell discusses how things are trending when it comes to renegotiating terms to contracts (you may want to check how well yours addresses one issue in particular). How to bring employees back to work is also addressed, and it goes well beyond having enough personal protective equipment.
Tune into this brief interview by watching here or listening either through Spotify or Apple Podcasts.*
About One Take CEO Interviews
CEOs openly share how they’re leading during 2020’s pandemic, recession and other challenges during these independent, objective and unedited discussions with Dale Kurschner, a seasoned business leader and award-winning writer who today helps Platinum Group clients protect and grow their brands during tough times by providing strategic planning, crisis management and PR/marketing guidance.
Catch up on All One Take CEO Interviews, which can be found on You Tube, and also on Spotify as well as Apple Podcasts. Recent episodes include:
- Faribault Woolen Mill Chairman and CEO Paul Grangaard watch or listen
- Self Esteem Brands Co-Founder and CEO Chuck Runyon watch or listen
- Maud Borup owner and CEO Christine Lantinen watch or listen
- Restaurant Technologies CEO Jeff Kiesel watch or listen
- Summit Brewing Founder and President Mark Stutrud watch or listen
- Mainstreet Bakery COO Stacy Demskie watch or listen
- Allina Health President and CEO Penny Wheeler watch or listen
- Manny Villafana, Medtech Serial Entrepreneur and founder/CEO of Medical 21; watch or listen
- Indigo Signworks CEO Eric Gibson or watch or listen
- Reviva Corp. Chairman and CEO Dave Goodwin watch or listen
- Pivotal Advisors CEO Gary Braun, watch or listen
- Nesbit Agencies CEO Chad Nesbit, watch or listen
- Mathnasium franchise owner Bobby Tarnowski, watch or listen
If you would like to sponsor One Take CEO Interviews, send a note to Dale at Info@MNperspectives.com If you would like to individually contribute to the funding of One Take CEO Interviews, you can do so here: https://anchor.fm/dale-kurschner/support.