In this episode of One Take CEO Interviews presented by Platinum Group, Cybersecurity business leader Aaron Shilts shares three things your business should do if it hasn’t already done so to avoid a devastating cyberattack. He also discusses how he is leading his employees through the stresses and changes brought on by Covid-19, organic growth and a recent acquisition.
Shilts is president and COO of Minneapolis-based NetSPI, the industry leader in enterprise security testing and vulnerability management. NetSPI works with eight of the top 10 U.S. banks, three of the world’s five largest health care companies and the largest cloud providers. In December, it acquired Utah-based Silent Break Security to create a complete package for offensive cyber security and attack surface management.
Watch this interview in its entirety by clicking here. Or watch chapters by clicking on time codes below:
- 00:00 Introduction: Who Aaron is and what his company does
- 01:16 On leading employees, organic growth and an acquisition during a pandemic
- 02:29 How Covid-19 affected NetSPI’s workforce
- 03:42 Nothing connected to the Internet is safe, so what can you do?
- 07:33 Three things your business should do if it hasn’t already done them to avoid a devastating cyber attack
- 09:38 How much does cyber security affect mergers and acquisitions?
- 12:38 How has all-remote-working affected your business?
- 14:26 What do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge in 2021?
- 17:13 The upsides of working through a pandemic
- Rihm Family Companies owner, president and CEO Kari Rihm, watch or listen
- Kottke Trucking co-owner and CEO Kyle Kottke, watch or listen
- Tastefully Simple founder and CEO Jill Blashack Strahan, watch or listen
- Northern Ingredients founder and CEO Robert Schafer, watch or listen
- Village Bank, vice chair and president Aleesha Webb, watch or listen
- Diedrich RPM founder and CEO Liz Diedrich, watch or listen
- Henningson & Snoxell CEO Jim Snoxell, watch or listen
- Mathnasium franchise owner Bobby Tarnowski, watch or listen
- Nesbit Agencies CEO Chad Nesbit, watch or listen
- Pivotal Advisors CEO Gary Braun, watch or listen
- Reviva Corp. Chairman and CEO Dave Goodwin watch or listen
- Indigo Signworks CEO Eric Gibson or watch or listen
- Manny Villafana, Medtech Serial Entrepreneur and founder/CEO of Medical 21; watch or listen
- Allina Health President and CEO Penny Wheeler watch or listen
- Mainstreet Bakery COO Stacy Demskie watch or listen
- Summit Brewing Founder and President Mark Stutrud watch or listen
- Restaurant Technologies CEO Jeff Kiesel watch or listen
- Maud Borup owner and CEO Christine Lantinen watch or listen
- Self Esteem Brands Co-Founder and CEO Chuck Runyon watch or listen
- Faribault Woolen Mill Chairman and CEO Paul Grangaard watch or listen
About One Take CEO Interviews: CEOs share how they’re leading during the Covid-19 pandemic and other unprecedented challenges. These are unscripted, unedited one-take interviews produced by business leader and award-winning journalist Dale Kurschner, who today provides strategic communication, crisis response and reputation management services through Platinum Group, Minnesota’s most experienced advisory group helping business owners and leaders with extreme challenges including rapid growth, turnarounds, acquisitions and divestitures.
No funding or other financial consideration is provided by companies interviewed, and interviews are selected solely upon the relevance of what may be discussed during an interview.
For sponsorship information and rates, or to suggest a CEO to be interviewed, write to info@MNperspectives.com.